Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bible in 90 Days 2nd Post

I am trying to keep up with everything going on, including Bible study, and reading the Bible so I apologize for slacking on blogging. I will continue to list verses that speak to me, and some of what I hear God speaking to me. Here we go:

Exodus 14:14- "The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still." Oh, if we could only be still.

Exodus 20:20- Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning." If we could remember in our trials and times of distress that God may just want us to fear Him. Maybe that is the lesson. Maybe there is nothing else at that time He is trying to teach us but to fear Him, how Great and powerful He is. He has performed great wonders and miracles, and if we could just stand in awe of Him. Did you know that a definition of fear is also reverential awe? We should be deeply respectul and overwhelmingly in awe of him. I found that educational. I never knew that was a definition of fear.

In Exodus 34:29-35, it talks of Moses radiant face. His face was radiant because he spoke with the Lord. Radiant is defined as shining or bright. Also, bright with joy, hope, etc...Moses face showed radiance only during this time or from what we infer only this time when He was speaking with God. He was totally surrendered to God and completely devoted to Him. He was in awe of Him, and that love he had for God shown through in Moses' face. So many Christians walk around today sour and not exuding joy and contentment and love. I pray I will have that radiance and His love and glory will shine in and through me to others. Replace the red face with a radiant one!!!

Leviticus 4: speaks about the sin offering. If the people sinned unintentionally, they were guilty. When they became aware of their sin they had to give a sin offering to make atonement for that sin so they would be forgiven. Our sin is now covered by the blood of Christ, thank you Jesus! I pray too for God to forgive all my sin, and I confess them, knowing He knows what they are and He knew I would sin before I ever did, but in my prayers I also ask that if there is unconfessed sin in my life, that He would bring that to my mind that I might confess it and repent as well.

Leviticus 12: When anyone had an infectious disease, they had to be brought to Aaron or the priests to be examined. This would determine if the person was clean or unclean. When an unclean person's sores turned white, they were pronounced clean. I see this also as referring to when God forgives our sins and washes them white as snow. (Isaiah 1:18- “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." )

I found interesting its the aroma that was to be pleasing to the Lord, in the sacrifices to Him.

More in the morning! Its 12:15 am and I need to get to bed. I have lots more I need to get down here or I will be really behind. Goodnight~

No comments:

Post a Comment